Before Intravenous/Oral Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for TWELVE (12) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 8 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient must not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear a button-down short sleeve shirt the day of the procedure.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Crowther prior to your surgical date for instructions.